I think it’s really time for America to rethink what makes someone a positive example of taking charge of one’s health.
For example, many of us avoid fluoridated tap water and GMOs, and people think we’re nuts.
Angelina Jolie has her breasts and female reproductive parts removed and she’s a freakin’ national hero for preventative health care. They’re calling the action “future-proofing against cancer.”
In what world could this possibly make sense? How on earth is mutilating your body more proactive than avoiding the toxic stuff to begin with?
First, before we get any deeper into the topic, I understand that the mutations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mean that your likelihood of having cancer is increased.
The grim statistics on cancer
But let us go a bit further and recognize that everyone’s likelihood of developing cancer is greatly increased. And by greatly increased, I mean that here are the grim statistics:
- Nearly half of all Americans will develop cancer in their lifetime. (source) Quick math tells us that is an astonishing 157 million victims.
- Over half a million people in America died of cancer in 2012. (source)
- In 2011, cancer was the #1 cause of death in the Western world, and #2 in developing countries. (source)
- Cancer is the #1 cause of childhood death in the United States. (source)
Our civilization is toxic. The easy food, easy soap, easy access to things that used to be made from pure, natural ingredients instead of chemicals, has made it easy to become ill. Easy, it seems, is deadly. Your body is not the enemy. It’s the North American lifestyle that is going to make you sick.
But..avoiding cancer-causing food is a mental illness
But far be it from the mainstream media to promote simplicity and natural products as a way to avoid cancer. Nope, that’s just sheer lunacy. Recently I wrote about a term being bandied about to shame those of us who opt out of processed food: orthorexia.
Now, orthorexia is a true disorder. There are people who suffer from a type of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder that limits their diets to an unhealthy degree. But the media is painting with a broad brush, and saying that those of us who “eat clean” are suffering from a mental illness. Here’s an excerpt:
…it’s time to face reality. If you choose to eat food without chemicals on a regular basis, you, my friend, are mentally ill.
It’s called Orthorexia Nervosa.
A study found on PubMed explains. (Wow, it’s like they know me.)
Orthorexia is an obsessive-compulsive process characterized by extreme care for and selection of what is considered to be pure ‘healthy’ food. This ritual leads to a very restrictive diet and social isolation as a compensation. Orthorexics obsessively avoid foods which may contain artificial colours, flavours, preservant agents, pesticide residues or genetically modified ingredients, unhealthy fats, foods containing too much salt or too much sugar and other components. The way of preparation, kitchenware and other tools used are also part of the obsessive ritual.
Huh. They say that like it’s a bad thing.
Don’t despair. If you’re a sufferer, there’s help. The same study states:
Treatment of orthorexia require a multidisciplinary team involving physicians, psychoterapists and dietitians. In some cases, antiserotoninergic drugs may be required as part of the treatment.
So the long and the short of it?
If you want to be healthy, you’re sick. You need a team of doctors and dietitians to cure you from trying to be healthy. And maybe some medicine. The desire for good health is an illness, and Big Pharma and Big Medical wants you to be better. And by better, they mean you should have no hesitation whatsoever about consuming the garbage passed off as food in the grocery stores.
Wow, I’ll bet that raising as much of my own food as possible really means I’m in need of intervention.
Mindblowingly, the exact same media that thinks I’m insane for avoiding food that I believe is the root of illness, is the exact same media lauding Jolie to the skies for having perfectly healthy body parts proactively removed.
And having perfectly healthy body parts proactively removed is perfectly rational
Here’s a heart-tugging little excerpt from the Inquisitor about her decision to “future-proof” her body against cancer via surgical mutilation:
Angelina became determined to do all she could to prevent her own early death from breast cancer. She expressed her sadness in not being able to share her own mother with her children, looking ahead to the birth of her own grandchildren.
“We often speak of ‘Mommy’s mommy,’ and I find myself trying to explain the illness that took her away from us.”
The second stage for Angelina Jolie was to have her ovaries removed. This would reduce the overall chances of her contracting cancer to a much lower 10 percent. Two weeks ago she went ahead with this second stage of the surgeries.
…Angelina Jolie has expressed her hope that women will be empowered to determine the risks associated with this particular gene mutation, encouraging them to seek out all the information they can, before making life changing and potentially life saving decisions.
“I want to encourage every woman, especially if you have a family history of breast or ovarian cancer, to seek out the information and medical experts who can help you through this aspect of your life, and to make your own informed choices.”
I’m a whole-hearted supporter of medical freedom. Jolie has the right to surgically remove, enhance, and replace anything she wants to. However, calling that rational while calling avoiding processed food insane is just…well, insane.
And has anyone noticed that men aren’t going in and having their testicles surgically removed “just in case”? This is strictly aimed at women…for now. Don’t worry, guys. I’m sure you’ll be next.
The trend is picking up speed, spurred on by the government and the AMA.
Don’t underestimate the power of a celebrity taking this kind of radical step. People are now clamoring to have genetic testing done, so much so that the insurance industry coined the phrased “the Angelina effect”. From Reuters:
Major insurance companies including Aetna, Anthem and Cigna are declining to pay for the latest generation of tests, known as multi-gene panel tests, Reuters has learned. The insurers say that the tests are unproven and may lead patients to seek out medical care they don’t need.
It’s probably no surprise that the medical establishment vehemently disagrees with this assessment. After all, they stand to profit enormously from first the testing, at $2000 to $4900 a pop, and then the pre-emptive surgeries that they will recommend based an a “what if” test.
I didn’t want to go here, but…
Not only does the medical establishment approve it…Obamacare demands it be covered.
All insurers cover screenings for BRCA1 and BRCA2 and for certain other genes for women who have family histories of cancer. Indeed, such coverage is mandated by the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare.
Let me repeat that most important little phrase:
“…mandated by the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare”
Even someone half asleep has to recognize that this type of intervention is going to be pushed more and more. Instead of mandating that carcinogens not be sold, they’re going to mandate that our healthcare costs increase even more and that our bodies be preventatively mutilated.
When a serial killer cuts off women’s breasts, it’s a shocking, gruesome crime. But when the medical system does it, it’s perfectly cool. Are you kidding me?
How can anyone possibly trust a system like this? Why isn’t anyone questioning why the corporations are selling us known carcinogens in every other product on the market?
I’ll tell you exactly why. Treatment of cancer in the US is a multi-billion dollar industry, but that’s not enough. The 124.6 billion dollars of blood money is a drop in the bucket compared to this. None of those people really give two hoots about “The Cure”. There will never be a “cure” brought to market because there just isn’t enough profit in eradicating the disease entirely. There will never be a governing body that protects consumers from being subjected to known carcinogens, because that too, will stop the cash from rolling in. A great deal of research is covered up and many potential cures are ignored and discredited because there is far more money in perpetuating illness than in curing it.
Now pre-empting cancer surgically will be an even bigger industry. A mandated industry, hacking away out our bodies and medical freedom.
Don’t “think pink”. Think green. Here’s how to “future-proof” your body against cancer, Nutritional Anarchy-style:
- Purchase organic foods as often as possible. GMOs and pesticides are proven carcinogens. Even the WHO has denounced glyphosate.
- Load your plate with colorful antioxidants. Opt for organic versions of foods like berries, colorful veggies, dark chocolate, and coffee, to name a few, are loaded with powerful, cancer-fighting antioxidants.
- Avoid processed foods. Many of the additives and preservatives featured abundantly in North America are banned in other countries precisely because of the health risks they represent.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners. Aspartame, for example, is a known carcinogen that causes brain cell death and breaks down into formaldehyde in the human body.
- Refuse vaccines. Many vaccines contain mercury, another known carcinogen. By the age of two, if a child has received all of the recommended vaccines, he or she has received 2,370 times the “allowable safe limit” for mercury (if there is such a thing as a safe level of poison). Take a look at the other cancer-causing ingredients.
- Maintain a healthy body weight. Obesity has been linked to increased risks of cancers of the esophagus, breast, endometrium, uterus, colon and rectum, kidney, pancreas, thyroid, gallbladder, and possibly other types.
- Exercise daily.
- Don’t smoke.
- Consume alcohol only in moderation.
- Limit the use of plastic in your home. BPA or Bisphenol-A are petrochemical plastics that are a major component of many water bottles, lines the inside of canned goods, and makes up the hard material of many reusable food containers, including some brands of baby bottles. These endocrine disruptors have been strongly linked to breast and reproductive cancers.
- Select personal care products that do not contain petrochemicals. Many cosmetics and other health and beauty aids contain petrochemicals. The danger of this is their byproduct, 1,4-dioxane, a proven carcinogen. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency classifies dioxane as a probable human carcinogen. California state law has classified dioxane to cause cancer. Animal studies in rats suggest that the greatest health risk is associated with inhalation of vapors. You know, vapors like when you use them in a hot shower.
- Opt for natural, biodegradable food grade cleaning products. According to the website Natural Pure Organics, the average household contains up to 25 gallons of toxic materials, most of which are in cleaning products. When you use these cleaners, they linger in the air and on the surfaces, increasing your exposure to carcinogens as you inhale the toxins into your lungs or absorb them through your skin.
So go forth, Anarchists, and be truly radical.