Although it’s not widely known, it’s perfectly possible for women to dramatically benefit from using SARMs. But the confusion comes around knowing what the best SARMs for women are, and the effects they can produce.
So what I’m going to do here is talk you through everything you need to know about using SARMs for females in just five minutes.
We will talk about dosing, the best SARMs to use, cycling and stacking SARMs, and the realistic results you can achieve (not packing on too much muscle while stripping fat and toning).
How Females Can Benefit From SARMs
Women can definitely benefit from using SARMs, they help to dramatically improve bone and muscle density, they improve core strength, and even more vitally, they create tone and strip fat dramatically. You can shed a serious lot of weight and create an incredible body tone in just a couple of female SARM cycles.
What you don’t want though is an anabolic SARM, because this can pack on more muscle than most women want, and can potentially cause some psychological effects. If that’s your goal then research anabolic SARMs, but the SARMs I’m going to talk about now do not strongly modulate androgen receptors in muscle and bone.
So what you’re looking for are SARMs that can strip fat and build strength, allowing you to do the work to tone the muscle, but you don’t want SARMs that build tons of muscle.
Which Are The Best SARMs For Women?
So the key question is what are the best SARMs for women to use to achieve toning and fat cutting?
Well, these are the following recommendations that most women using SARMs are experimenting with:
- Ostarine (MK-2866)
- Cardarine (GW-501516)
- Andarine (S-4)
- Ligandrol (LGD-4033)
- Stenabolic (SR-9009)
Ostarine and Ligandrol are the most popular female SARMs on that list. Both are anabolic (androgenic receptor modulators), but they are only mild.
- Ostarine is perfect for cutting fat and preserving muscle mass, you will cut fat and be able to tone up and maintain it at the same time. On its own, it’s the most widely used female SARM.
- LGD-4033 does create lean muscle. So a very small dose of this is required, and I will talk to you more about dosing SARMs later.
- Stenabolic SR-9009 is not a selective androgen receptor modulator at all, it does not have anabolic effects in the body. It’s no good for building muscle, but it does dramatically increase strength and endurance.
- S-4 Andarine is another mild supplement that can protect muscle, cut fat, and give gains in strength and endurance.
- Cardarine for women is perfect, and it’s my recommendation to experiment with first. It’s not a SARM at all, it’s a PPAR-Delta modulator. It boosts overall physical performance massively. You will gain muscle, but your strength and endurance will also grow rapidly, meaning you can work harder which will build your core and cut fat. It’s also good for the heart and you will boost your cardiovascular performance dramatically.
What Results Can You Expect?
Using moderate doses of SARMs on their own will definitely help you to achieve results. If you stack them (using more than one at a time) then those gains will be greater, but you have to keep the dose as low as you can:
- Using SARMs will develop slight gains in lean muscle mass
- using SARMs is a female sensibly you will tone up dramatically alongside a progressive gym routine
- Great diet and exercise alongside SARMs will significantly cut fat
- Your strength and endurance levels will skyrocket
I want to make clear here though that SARMs are not a magic potion or pill. The gains and muscle cutting will be over several cycles, so several months of hard work will be needed.
It’s also not something that you can avoid doing hard work alongside. If you are taking a SARM it’s only going to work if you are burning fat, toning up, and improving your core strength.
But if you push yourself hard in the gym then you could strip as much as 5% body fat in a single eight-week cycle. You’ll feel stronger, significantly stronger, so you’ll be able to push yourself much further. Plus, your muscle and bone will start to gain in strength and density meaning you will look more toned and feel fantastic.
Dosing SARMS For Females
As you have probably guessed, dosing SARMs for women is going to overall mean a lower dose than for men. This is especially true if they are androgenic because you don’t want to build too much muscle.
On the upside, you won’t suffer the testosterone drop is that men do, so there’s no need for post cycle therapy as a woman, even using a moderate dose of a true SARM.
Doses will vary for the different SARMs as follows:
- Ostarine (MK-2866) – 5-10 mg per day
- Cardarine (GW-501516) – 5 mg per day
- Andarine (S-4) – 10 mg per day
- Ligandrol (LGD-4033) – 10 mg per day
- Stenabolic (SR-9009) – 5 mg per day
Female SARMs Cycle & Stacking SARMs
For your first SARMs cycle I’d actually advocate you only take a single one, and do that every other day to see how your body reacts. So pick one with the effects you want and take every other day during your cycle.
If you’re going to stack SARMs that even more important, and you could alternate between two every other day instead.
A female SARMs cycle, especially your first one, should be around eight weeks with at least a four-week break to make sure everything is okay post cycle. Because there are no problems with testosterone drops, then a female SARM cycle can be longer with a shorter break if necessary.
If I was starting out, and I was already experienced in the gym and wanted to push past a plateau, then the following female SARMs stack will cut fat, and build energy and performance dramatically:
- 5 mg Ostarine dosed every other day
- 5 mg SR-9009 dosed every other day
- Eight-week SARMs cycle four-week gap (no post cycle therapy required)
- Hit the gym every 2-3 days for at least one hour
If you want to push things a little further, you could dose 5 mg per day on one of them, but remember that you should keep your SARMs dose small during a cycle, especially if stacking it, because the female body is not as good endurance or strength as a male body, and also you don’t want to be packing on lean muscle. Rather than dosing every day, I probably add a third to the stack, maybe SR-9009.
Side Effects For Women Using SARMs
Women using SARMs can experience side effects. It will depend on the SARMs, the dose, and who you are.
A very common side effect is acne, which could be a problem and should be monitored.
Also, androgenic side effects can happen. The deepening of the voice, higher sex drive, more aggression. This is only if you are using SARMs that modulate androgenic receptors in muscle meaning they are mimicking testosterone.
For me, if you are using SARMs as a woman, the bigger side effect to watch out for is a progression that is too rapid for your body, especially if you are new to bodybuilding or SARMs. Because you’ll get significant endurance gains, you could push yourself too hard and too fast, meaning you could put stress on your muscle and bone.
Where To Buy SARMS
So it’s perfectly possible to use SARMs for females as long as you are cautious in the beginning.
For me, if you are going to choose one to start with then I would recommend Cardarine for women initially. It’s not anabolic so you will get any of those side effects. But you will get an increase in endurance and performance, which will lead to cutting fat and changing your muscle tone without messing with anything else.
I want to finish this quick guide by telling you where to buy the best SARMs for women bodybuilders.
It’s actually tougher than you would think because a lot of SARMs out there are pure, they can contain other things to bulk them up, including even anabolic steroids in many cases.
But if you can find a company that sells SARMs with guarantees on purity, backed up by published third-party independent purity reports on the batch you are buying from, then that gives you the reassurance you need.
Science. bio is the company I would recommend, especially if you are based in the USA. They sell all the major types of SARMs in powder and liquid form, and pricing is very good.
As an example of pricing, a Cardarine solution, dosing at 20 mg/mL will cost you just $44.99 for a 600 mg dosed bottle.